D. M. Bare Paper Co. Federal Credit Union was established and chartered in 1954 by the late Vance D. Myers along with six other credit union charter members to aid the employees of the D. M. Bare Paper Co., later known as Appleton Papers, Inc. In October of 1966, the name of the Credit Union was changed to Bare Mill Employees FCU; another name change occured in November of 1978, when we became Spring Mill Employees FCU. Originally located in the D. M. Bare Paper Co. building, the Credit Union experienced steady growth, requiring relocation to a larger space on Grove Street in Roaring Spring in 1978. In 1980, the Credit Union moved to the former McIntyre’s Jewelry Store building at 321 Main Street in Roaring Spring, with several renovations and expansions occurring in the ensuing years. On November 16, 2005, the Credit Union moved into a new facility located at 7533 Woodbury Pike in Roaring Spring. Major Builders of Johnstown constructed the 2,600 square foot facility, which provided many added conveniences, including greatly increased parking, a drive thru window, and ATM services. On September 1, 2017, we changed our name to Morrisons Cove 1st Federal Credit Union. We currently have a staff of 10 employees, serving approximately 4,500 members from our Select Employee Groups.
Morrisons Cove 1st FCU is a member-owned and controlled Financial Institution whose purpose is to maximize benefits by providing cost-effectiveness and to promote thrift and cooperation among the membership; to expand both membership and services while maintaining financial soundness; to promote the principles of the credit union movement. This is done by recognizing, implementing and adhering to good business practices.